If you’re looking for a pet professional photographer, you might be thinking, “where do I even start?” I’m here to help you! If you’re curious why you should hire a pet photographer, start here and come back to this post.
Let’s say that you’re interested in finding the right pet photographer for your family. Here are 10 things to look for in your perfect Bay Area photographer.
What to Look for in a Pet Photographer
Here are some considerations to think of before hiring the right photographer for you and your furry family member!
- Are you looking for studio or on-location portraits?
- Look at the pet photographer’s portfolio to see if you gravitate to their “style” (for example: light & airy, moody, natural, lifestyle, documentary).
- Make sure the pet photographer has basic pet training knowledge and is familiar with pet behavior and body language. You might need to contact the photographer directly to find out.
- When photographing pets, you need a calm, patient person to be directing the session (even if you want more lifestyle/documentary style photos). Most people that work with pets are this type of personality.
- Your pet photographer should ask questions specific to you and your pet about your style, what motivates your pup, your pup’s personality, and training level. It is super helpful to have inspirational photos to share with your photographer to help convey your vision for the session.
- Safety of your pet(s) should be a priority – can the photographer do a session completely on leash, if needed? And remove the leash in the editing process.
- Do you want a “Full Service” experience from planning to purchasing products for your home or office? Or do you want just digitals for some awesome social media posts?
- Are you able to talk to the photographer before you book a session to have all your questions answered about the whole process? And once you book, can you meet before or at least spend some time planning on the phone or Zoom?
- How far will the photographer travel?
- What is the cost of the session and products? I think it’s a good idea to have an idea of what you will be spending, even if you don’t know exactly what products you want so there are no surprises!
By taking into consideration all of the above, make sure you feel your photographer will be the right one to collaborate with to bring your vision to life
The Most Important Part of Your Pet Photographer
So, what is the MOST important thing to look for in your pet photographer? Make sure your pet photographer is an expert pet snuggler!! Ha! I’m kind of kidding but choose a photographer that truly loves pets! One that can’t help themselves from petting your fur baby.
That would be me. Photographing your pets is my greatest passion! If you’re curious and want to learn more about me, let’s connect here.
Follow me on Instagram to see my work!