As a mom to humans and a mom to fur babies, I love that we get to celebrate both of these roles every year! National Dog Mom Day is Saturday, May 13th this year, and I can’t wait to have some fun with my family. Pets are part of my family, so they are included in the celebrations. I have six ways you can celebrate National Dog Mom Day!
Here are 6 Ways to Celebrate National Dog Mom Day
1. Make a Delicious Treat – I love making this homemade treat for my dogs on their adoption days! They just love it, and it’s good for them too (vegan, dairy & gluten free)! This cake is from the book Healthy Homemade Dog Treats by Serena Farbor Nelson.
Ingredients: 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil, 1 ¾ cup almond flour, 2 tbsp. honey, 3 eggs, 5 fresh strawberries, hulled & diced
1. Preheat oven 345ºF. Use coconut oil to grease two small ramekin dishes. Depending on the size of your dishes, you may have enough batter for 3 layers.
2. Mix flour, honey, and eggs in the blender until smooth batter forms, then fold in the diced strawberries.
3. Pour batter into the prepared ramekin dishes, about ¾ of the way full.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
5. Allow cakes to cool in a pan for 5 minutes and transfer to cooling racks.
6. While your mini cakes are cooling, prepare this Healthy PB Frosting: combine ½ cup plain organic yogurt and 3 tbsp. organic peanut butter in a bowl and mix until smooth. Use immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
7. Once the cakes cool, spread your icing onto the tops of each layer and stack. Garnish with berries of your choice. Yum!
2. Go for a Walk – What’s better than a nice long walk with your best friend? Head to your favorite trail or park, or maybe it’s a perfect day to try a new spot. Just get out and enjoy a beautiful day with your dog!
Check out these East Bay Area hikes:
3. Show Your Dog How Much You Love Them – We love our dogs so much, but it’s hard to know if they understand how much we love them. Luckily, there are ways you can communicate this to your pooch! Here are 12 ways you can tell your dog “I love you.” You don’t have to do them all! Find the one(s) your pet will appreciate the most.
4. Extra Snuggles – Is your dog a snuggle buddy? Today’s the day to clear your calendar and get cozy. Find a good show on Netflix to binge-watch or curl up with a good book. Don’t worry, I have some pet book recommendations for you right here.
5. Meet Up With Other Dog Moms – Invite your Dog Mom friends and their pups to hang out in your backyard or at your favorite park for the afternoon. Dog parents never get tired of talking “all things dogs” together and watching their dogs get some playtime. And make sure you have some yummy, healthy treats for the moms and the dogs.
6. Dog Photography Session – The images I have of my family are my most treasured items. With a professional dog photography session, you could spend the day hanging out with your best pal and taking amazing photos that you’ll get to cherish forever. If you’ve been thinking about a pet photography session, maybe now is the perfect time to do it.
Dog moms make sure their pups live their best life even when things get a little rough…selflessly taking care of the puppy that needs to go potty at 2am or the senior dog that needs extra attention and care. Dog moms are always there to tuck their pup in at night to make sure they feel safe and loved!
Whatever you choose to do on National Dog Mom Day, I hope you have a wonderful time with your pup and family!
Angie Rose Pet Photography | Danville, CA
Our pets are family and deserve to be in our family photos. As a Dog Mom myself, I totally understand that you might have some questions about how a pet photography session works. I’m a trained CA pet photographer who loves to create custom lifestyle pet photography sessions to capture your best friend.
If you have any questions or wish to schedule a call with me, please send me a message here.